Modern Abstract, watercolor on paper
- Artist: Loew
- Date: mid-20th century
- Medium: Watercolor on paper
- Style: abstract
- Unframed size: approximately 23 x 17
- Framed size: approximately 27 x 21
- Signed: “Loew” in the lower right
- Condition: excellent; paper size uneven
- Framing: Work is mounted in a shadow box style on a bright white mat, framed in a muted gold box frame under acrylic.
- Price: $475 (plus sales tax for TX residents)
One of two pieces in the gallery by this artist, this linear work is enriched by the artist’s harmonious use of cool greys and muted roses and yellows. This contrast creates a composition that shows the influence of the abstraction of architectural elements as seen in the works of early 20th century masters Robert Delaunay and Paul Klee, as well as the cubist movement. This piece would look stunning above an antique console styled with a golden Murano glass lamp and pale pink tulips.