Antique Indian Textile
- Artist: unknown
- Date: late 19th/early 20th century
- Medium: cotton textile
- Origin: India
- Unframed size: approximately 18 x 25
- Framed size: approximately 25 x 31
- Signed: none
- Condition: antique condition; some staining, yarn loss, broken mirrored detail
- Framing: Work is mounted in a shadow box style on a linen-colored textured mat, framed in a muted gold box frame under acrylic.
- Price: $600 (plus sales tax for TX residents)
This striking antique wall hanging from the Kutch region in the Indian state of Gujurat features a primitive depiction of Hindu iconography including the goddess Lakshmi and peacocks, both symbols of prosperity. The vivid colors – mustard yellow, plum and bright pink – evoke a contemporary cheeriness that will warm any space.